Samsung Galaxy Note 2 – a closer look
We got our first sight of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at the IFA trade show in August. We found watching video on the phone ‘a particular pleasure’ but in our short hands-on trial weren’t really able to explore any of the phones new features.
Samsung have since invited us to an exclusive demonstration to see just what the new Note 2 can do. We should make clear that the phones we saw (which were flown in specially from Samsung HQ in Korea) all ran on pre-release software and so the features that appear on the finalised Note may be different.
New features in the Note 2:
- Improved S-Pen – now with a rubberised tip to give greater control and sensitivity
- Instant Note – instant access to the phone’s note function
- Air View – get extra information by holding the S-Pen over appointments and emails
- Quick Command – quick access functions using the S-Pen
- Easy Clip – cut out and share what’s on screen
- Best Group Shot – let the Note 2 find your best photo from a series of snaps
The new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will go on sale this autumn though pricing and network availability have yet to be announced.
Once the phone hits the shops we’ll send it to our lab for testing and put it through a series of tough challenges to see how easy it is use and how well its features perform. Visit our how we test mobile phones page to see what it takes to become a Best Buy.
- Choosing the best smartphone – advice on getting the right model
- Phones at IFA 2012 – all the latest phones from IFA 2012
- Best phone networks – see who came top in our annual phone survey
Post a Comment
Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked