What is Sky Go Extra? – download films and TV to your phone, tablet and PC
What is Sky Go Extra?
It’s an upgrade to the Sky Go service, adding the ability to download films and TV programs to your smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop PC to watch later, even if you don’t have an internet connection – ideal if you want to kill time on trains and planes where an internet connection is a rare treat. Normal Sky Go users have to stream content to devices, so require an internet connection at all times to use it.
Sky Go is one of many apps you use to watch TV and video on phones and tablets – read our best TV app round-up for more suggestions.
Will it cost me more?
Yes. While the standard Sky Go service is free to all Sky subscribers, Sky Go Extra costs £5 per month on top of your existing monthly subscription.
Can I keep the downloads forever?
No. While you can download as many films and TV episodes as you can fit on your phone or tablet of choice, each download expires after 30 days.
Are there any other benefits?
Sky Go users can only register two devices to access Sky Go. Sky Go Extra increases this limit to four devices – useful in households with multiple users.
What can I use Sky Go Extra on?
Sky Go and Sky Go extra is available on:
- Windows PCs (XP, Vista and Windows 7 supported)
- Macs (OS X 10.5 and up)
- Apple iPhones and iPads (iPhone 3GS or later)
- Some Android phones and tablets
Sky Go Extra on Android – are all phones and tablets supported?
No – Sky only supports a select number of Android phone and tablets. The Sky Go app and Sky Go Extra service won’t work on non-supported devices – see the list below:
- HTC - Desire, Desire S, Desire HD, Incredible S, Sensation, Sensation XE, Desire X, One V, One S, One X, One X+, One XL
- Samsung - Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 LTE, Galaxy Ace 2, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 2 LTE, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
- LG - 4X HD, LG Nexus 4
- Sony - Xperia S, Xperia T
- Google Nexus 7” Tablet
- Motorola - RAZRi
Post a Comment
Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked